As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Tuna Steak Recipe Bobby Flay That Makes Your Mouth Water
Grilled tuna steak recipe Bobby Flay helps prevent Anemia, promotes heart health, reduces Dementia risk, counters age-related muscle loss, and supports blood sugar control. So, using the grilled tuna steak recipe Bobby Flay in the meals is increasingly popular.
Did you know how to make grilled tuna steak recipe Bobby Flay delicious and attractive? You need to prepare the sauce, crispy onions, tuna, and some other ingredients to make this dish. Let’s learn how to make all of them by following the instructions below.
Grilled Tuna Steak Recipe Bobby Flay
How To Make The Sauce
Green Peppercorn Cognac Sauce
- Canola oil: 2 tablespoons
- Spanish onion: 1 tuber
- Carrot: 1 tuber
- Celery: ½ stalk
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Spicy mango salsa or black peppercorns: 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper or red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Green peppercorns: 1 tablespoon
- Heavy cream: 6 cups
- Rice vinegar or wine vinegar or cognac: 2 cups
Before making the sauce for grilled tuna steak recipe by bobby Flay, let’s peel and chop the Spanish onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
First, you prepare a big pan, pour canola oil into it, and cook over medium heat. Then, add the Spanish onions (green onions or red onions), celery, and carrot, season with pepper-crusted and salt into the pan, and cook until the mixture becomes softens (about 12 minutes).
Next, add some peppercorns and sugar to cook and stir the mixture until it becomes caramelized or golden brown (about 12 minutes). Add some garlic and continue to stir for about two minutes.
Add some rice vinegar (wine vinegar or cognac) into the mixture and make sure that you mix them well. After that, add cups of cream to the above blend and stir them until all the ingredients are condensed to about 1 ½ cups (about 45 minutes). The final step is to season them with pepper and salt.
Pink Peppercorn Dressing
- Clover honey: ½ cup
- Dijon mustard: 3 tablespoons
- Horseradish: 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Finely crushed pink peppercorns: ½ teaspoon
Let’s preprocess these ingredients before making the pink peppercorn dressing. For horseradish, you can buy it ready-made in the supermarket or prepare it yourself from fresh horseradish roots. To make prepared horseradish at home, you take the following step:
First, cut the horseradish root into pieces, each about ½ inch. Then, add sugar, salt, and vinegar into it, and puree until finely minced. It is easy to do that, isn’t it?
To make the pink peppercorn dressing, simply whisk all the clover honey, horseradish, pink peppercorns, mustard, and kosher salt together and leave this mixture at room temperature (about 30 minutes before adding it to your tuna steak).
READ ALSO: 5 easiest meat to smoke in electric smoker + steps
How To Make Crispy Onions
- Red onion: 1 tuber, cut into ¼ thick rings
- AP flour: ¼ cups
- Freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt
- Buttermilk: 2 cups.
Bowl 1: Add ¼ cup of AP flour to the bowl, and place the red onion into it. Then, season them with pepper and salt.
Bowl 2: Pour 2 cups of buttermilk and the flour into a bowl and season with pepper and salt.
Take the red onion from the first bowl and dip these slices in the second bowl’s mixture. Then, place them in a pan with heated oil until the onion rings turn golden or crispy. Finally, put the rings onto a paper-towel-lined dish with some salt because we need them to be salty.
How To Make Grilled Tuna Steak Recipe Bobby Flay
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley: ¼ cup, chopped
- Fresh ginger: 1 tuber
- Canola oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Kosher salt
- Clover honey: 2 tablespoons
- Tuna: 4 fillets
- Cilantro leaves (Parsley sprigs)
- Coarsely chopped black peppercorns: 2 tablespoon
To keep its inner meat relatively cool, let’s take the tuna out of the refrigerators for about 20 minutes before cooking.
First, brush the canola oil (or olive oil) on either side of the tuna and season with salt. Then, cook the tuna on the grill (or pan) until its color turns to yellowish-brown and charred on the bottom (about 4 minutes). Next, turn the tuna over, brush it with some oil, and continue cooking for one or two minutes.
After that, prepare the plates, spray a bit of green peppercorn dressing, and put the tuna fillets on them. Finally, use parsley sprigs and golden-brown fried onion rings to add more flavors and colors to your steaks. For a sweet and spicy flavor, you sprinkle the pink peppercorn on those plates.
A few tips for you when choosing tuna
- High-quality tuna will range in color, from pink to deep red. If your store displays thinly sliced steaks, look for shiny pieces, about an inch thick, moist, and almost translucent.
- Tuna that looks flaky, dry, dull, or brown on the edges will not be fresh. Fresh tuna will have a fresh sea-air smell, and it is moist in appearance, but not overly wet.
- Let’s store your tuna on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it because it dries out quickly.
- Tuna will taste best from May to September when they are in season.
- You can buy frozen tuna instead of raw tuna to save money.
Grilled tuna steak recipe Bobby Flay will be a unique and exotic dish compared to other dishes in the wide variety of tuna recipes such as marinated grilled tuna steak, crusted tuna, seared tuna, or different tuna types of steak.
Hopefully, with our simple and detailed instructions, you can have a new delicious and attractive dish with your friends and family. Enjoy your meal! brooklyngrill.com