As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Herb infused juicy steak and grilled veggies
Prep. time: 10 mins. I Cooking time: 30 mins. I Serve: 3 portions
Allergies: SF, GF, EF, NF
1lb. bone-in strip steaks, cut into 1-1/2″ thick (We used, Beef Choice Angus NY strip steak)
Canola oil for greasing
¾ tbsp. rock salt
1 ½ tsp. whole black peppercorns
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp fennel seeds
Pinch of red chili pepper flakes
Herby infusion sauce
¾ amount of prepared steak seasoning (above)
½ cup butter, softened
1 ¼ tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 ¼ tbsp fresh thyme, minced
2 ½ tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 red onion, 2-1/2” dia., cut into rings
½ cup snap peas
1 medium carrot, 9” dia., sliced
- For the Steak Seasoning: Add all the seasoning ingredients to a mortar, and pestle, and coarsely grind.
- Meanwhile prepare the Herby infusion: In a small bowl add the softened butter, herbs, seasoning, and garlic. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Next, place the herby butter onto a plastic wrap then shape it into a thick log and refrigerate until firm about 20 minutes.
- To prepare the steaks: Trim steaks of any big hunks of fat to avoid flare-ups on the grill then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Transfer the steaks to a flat surface and rub each side with canola oil, season generously with the remaining steak seasoning, and press gently into the steaks so it adheres.
- Light 1/2 of your grill burners (1 of 2 burners, depending on how many burners you have) then heat high for 10-15 minutes, or until the grill reaches 500 degrees. Add steaks to the lit side then sear on each side for about 2 minutes. Transfer steaks to an unlit portion of the grill then continue cooking for 7-10 minutes or until they’ve reached your preferred level of doneness.
- Remove steaks to a platter and while it’s hot top with the frozen herby infusion.
- While the sauce is melting, grease your griddle with canola oil, add your vegetables over medium heat, and grill for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, add herby-infused steak on the side and enjoy while warm.
Steak Temperatures for Doneness:
Rare (cool red center): 125 degrees
Medium rare (warm red center): 135 degrees
Medium (warm pink center): 145 degrees
Medium well (slightly pink center): 150 degrees
Well done (little or no pink): 160 degrees
Nutritional information – per 1 serving
Calories (kcal): 682
Total carbohydrates: 11.92 g
Fiber: 3.5 g
Total fat: 55.4 g
Cholesterol: 169 mg
Protein: 33.15 g
Calcium: 56 mg
Phosphorus: 65 mg
Potassium: 259 mg
Sodium: 357 mg
Iron: 14.2 mg