As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How much does a Knife weigh? Everyone knows that knives are sharp and dangerous. But do you know how much they weigh?
A knife usually weighs about 4 ounces, and it depends on the type of knife. The weight of knives can vary depending on the type you’re using – for example, a parking knife may only weigh one ounce (28 grams).
The below are the different types of knives and their average weights.
- A chef’s knife typically weighs about 5 ounces to 9.8 ounces.
- A Parking knife is typically light in weight and on average they weigh about 1 to 4 ounces.
- A Butter knife typically weighs about 2 to 9 ounces.
- A Utility knife typically weighs 6 to 10 ounces.
- A boning knife usually weighs about 3 to 7 ounces.
- A Cleaver typically weighs about 13 ounces or 1 pound.
- A carving knife typically weighs about 6 ounces.
- A Pocket knife typically weighs about 3 to 5 ounces.
- A Cheese knife typically weighs about less than 1 ounce.
- A Salmon knife typically weighs about 8 to 12 ounces.
Knives are sometimes made out of plastic to help reduce their weight if they need to be lightweight enough to work with food; these knives generally weigh less than two ounces each (57 grams).
Knives are tools that have been used for thousands of years, and there is no sign of them going away any time soon. A kitchen is not complete without one or two knives. You can use a knife to slice your food into smaller pieces so that you can easily eat it with your fingers, or chop up vegetables to make soup in your pot. Whatever way you choose to cook, a good quality knife should be on hand at all times!