Are you looking for best grill for apartment balcony?
When it comes to grilling, what often comes to our mind is an open space for such activities. But, the fact remains that such expansive space isn’t available for those of us living in small apartments.
When you consider some facts, you’ll realize that space becomes a commodity for those who want massive grills for regular use.
However, there are some portable and compact grills that you can use for your grilling that wouldn’t take much space on your balcony.
Do you like the idea of compact grills for your apartment balcony? We’ve got you sorted out with a review of the 7 best grill for apartment balcony that will upgrade your culinary game for your apartment balcony.
Reviews of The Best Grill for Apartment Balcony in 2021
#1. Cuisinart CGG-240 Gas Grill Apartment Balconies, Stainless Steel
No products found.
The Cuisinart CGG-240 comes in a compact dimension of 44 x 23 x 21 inches, making it travel-friendly because it requires little storage space.
Nevertheless, just because the CGG-240 is designed small and sleek doesn’t mean it has fewer features. If you want a compact grill that offers a reasonable grilling space, then the CGG-240 is practically designed for you.
It features a 240 square inches space for your cooking needs made with enameled cast iron grates to ensure durability.
It expels out 15,000 BTU of heat that is well regulated to ensure even heat distribution for fast cooking. We also like that it is designed with two wheels, allowing you to move this best gas grill for apartment balcony around your small balcony.
Cuisinart is a model that is very easy to use. It features an automatic start ignition system for smooth operation.
What’s more, you’ll get more than just a cooking grill; it is designed with folding shelves where you can store your seasonings, plates, utensils, and more.
- Features 240 square inches of cooking space
- Designed with an automatic start ignition
- Built with wheels for easy mobility
- Folding shelves for storage
- The grill is heavy
#2. Weber 741001 Charcoal Grill Patio
- Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all—the Original Kettle, invented by Weber’s founder, and loved around the world. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl...
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press
- One-Touch cleaning system provides hassle-free ash cleanup.Removable, aluminum ash catcher
Do you want a grill that can accommodate your family and friends when you have a small hangout on your balcony? Then you’ll have to take a closer look at Weber 741001.
It offers 260 square inches of grilling space, making it suitable for medium-size cooking needs.
You won’t have to worry about adequate heat distribution. It is designed with a porcelain-enameled lid that helps retain heat perfectly while it expels 14,000 BTU of heat.
Unlike other traditional models that are difficult to clean, this best charcoal grill for apartment balcony has grates that are easy to empty, so you won’t have to spend much time on maintenance.
Weber 741001 offers comforts, crafted with a durable handle and plates that protect your hands from the heat expelling. The durable wheels make this model easy to move around the balcony.
- It requires low maintenance
- 260 square inches of cooking space
- Porcelain-enameled lid to retain heat
- Not built with folding shelves
#3. Fuego F21C-H Propane Gas Grill Small Spaces – Best Design
- New (May of 2020) Porcelain Enamel Lid to eliminate any paint peeling or bubbling
- New easy to clean drop through residue removal system allows for grease to drop straight through to the residue tray
- Upgraded 22, 000 BTU/hr. dual zone burner system for direct and indirect grilling. 500F in just 5 minutes and temps up to 650F overall
Fuego Element F21C offers quality and a more sturdy design than other portable grills in the market. It was handcrafted by Robert Brunner, the former Chief Designer at Apple.
It features a 21,000 BTU heat efficiency making it a sturdy burner when it comes to grilling meals.
Element F21C is designed with a 346 square inches grilling surface, which offers more cooking space than most compact grill out there. With this grill, you’ll have no problem grilling 12 burgers at once.
Fuego Element F21C offers other excellent features that include an automatic start ignition, a thermometer built on the lid for temperature regulation, a residue tray that’s easy to clean, and more.
So, if you’re looking for a compact grill that features an optimal cooking space, easy to use features, and sleek design, Element F21C is a must-have for your home.
- Designed with 346 square inches grilling space
- Offers 21,000 BTU of heat
- Easy to use and assemble
- Sleek and sturdy design
- The grill is heavy built with 71 pounds
#4. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- CHARCOAL GRILL - Barrel style BBQ Grill with heavy duty steel construction and powder coating finish, the perfect grilling solution for small decks, backyards, and patios
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 250 square inch total cooking area delivers exceptional taste and charcoal flavor
- BARBECUE GRILL FEATURES - Thick Cast Iron Cooking Grates, Bottom Storage Rack, Heavy-Duty Steel Construction, Side Air Vent, Stay Cool Wood Handle, Wheels for Easy Mobility, and Side Shelf Workstation...
Char-Griller Patio Pro offers a reasonable cooking space, with 260 square inches that you can use to prepare food for a few people.
You’ll never have to wait a long period before you eat your meal because the heat supplied at 18,000 BTU gets the job done adequately.
Like other versatile models out there, this charcoal grill is designed with a shelf on the bottom for easy and adequate storage of your grilling accessories. It also features a side shelf, which you can use for other purposes.
It is built with air vents on the sides for easy temperature regulation. Unlike other unconventional models where the grill handle becomes very hot due to intense heat, the Char-Griller Patio Pro handle remains cold, thus preventing burns.
The grill is designed with wheels and a stand for easy mobility around the balcony. You’ll never have to struggle for space due to its compact design.
- 285 square inch cooking space
- Designed with air vents for temperature control
- Shelves for easy storage
- A bit tedious to clean after use
#5. George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating It’s durable easy to clean and removes the need for butter and oil
- Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling The easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get great results on any kind of food
George Foreman is constructed with 240 square inches of grilling space. With such space, you can carry out medium cooking that would take care of your family or indoor party’s needs.
It is designed with a probe thermometer and temperature indicator light for adequate temperature control for even distribution of heat.
Some people reported that the George Foreman GIO2000BK is the best electric grill for apartment balcony.
It features five heat settings from which you can choose depending on what you’re grilling. George foreman electric grill comes with sturdy wheels for easy mobility around your small apartment or balcony.
You’ll have no problem maintaining this grill because it’s electrically operated and not charcoal.
- Require low maintenance
- 240 square inch grilling surface
- Easy to operate
- The stand may become rigid
#6. Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill Balconies
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- .Dimensions (Inches) Lid Open : ( H x W x D) - 26 x 31.5 x 25.1(Inches); :Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 14.5 H x 31.5 W x 19.5 D
Do you need an electric grill that is beginner-friendly and can fit into little space? Then the Weber 52020001 was practically designed for you. It offers a compact design that is perfect for small balconies.
This model compact size doesn’t necessarily mean very little grilling surface. It features a 240 square inch grilling area that will meet the need of a small family.
Like we earlier mentioned, this model is easy to setup. You don’t have to worry about assembly parts. It features a burner valve that helps to regulate temperature when grilling.
You’ll never experience burnt food due to its optimal temperature regulation. Furthermore, it’s an electric grill that is very easy to clean because you won’t be dealing with charcoal pellets or ash after use.
- Features burner valves for temperature control
- Easy to clean up after use
- Portable design to fit small space
- Grilling surface suitable for small families
- The electric cord is short
#7. Kamado Joe KJ13RH Charcoal grill
- Premium 13.5" Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Stand
- Thick-walled, heat-resistant shell that locks in smoke and moisture at any temperature
- Cast-iron air vent for temperature control
Kamado Joe is yet another brand that is highly vetted due to their durable charcoal grills, and the KJ13RH is a model that lives up to that reputation.
It is designed with a stainless steel body that offers a 304 square inch grilling surface. It features a thermometer that helps regulate the heat when you cook so that you won’t experience a sudden spike in temperature like most traditional grills.
The stand is made out of ceramic and special cast iron, ensuring durability and easy mobility. This charcoal grill offers easy maintenance due to its ash collecting feature.
- Durable grill stand
- 304 square inch grilling surface
- Ash collecting feature for easy maintenance
- Well-regulated temperature control
- Its lid is prone to corrosion
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing The Best Grill for Apartment Balcony
There are some essential factors you’ll have to consider before buying a grill for your apartment balcony. Having these factors in your heart will help you purchase an excellent model for your needs.
Charcoal or gas grill which is better?
This is a crucial factor you’ll have to consider. The two types of grills in the market are charcoal and gas grills. Gas grills are easier to clean and can be connected easily to a power outlet on your balcony.
On the flipside, charcoal grills bring that unique flavor you won’t get in gas grill and can grill a large amount of meats due to its hotness. However, when it comes to maintenance, charcoal grill are often more difficult to maintain.
Size of the grill
The second factor to consider is the size of the grilling surface. If you have a large family, it’s recommended that you go for a model that offers at least 240 square inches of grilling surface.
Then for those of us that hold indoor parties now and then, inviting a reasonable number of friends, you’ll need a grill that offers a bigger grilling surface.
Burner material and accessories
The burner material that a grill features extends to its durability. Different models are constructed with different materials ranging from brass, cast iron, and stainless steel.
Overtime, grills made of stainless steel have proven to offer more durability because they’re not prone to rust. Cast irons may eventually rust after prolong usage. So, if you want your grill to stand the test of time, the material plays a crucial part.
Secondly, different models are built with different accessories or no attachments at all. You may want a grill that offers storage space like folding shelves for your cooking tools.
Who do need grills for apartment balconies?
You might think that the only people who need grills for apartment balconies are those who live in a house or condo. But things really aren’t as they seem to be.
Grills for apartment balconies can actually benefit anyone, including those living in an urban area where grilling is not only inconvenient but also difficult. The following article will help you know why you should take into consideration getting a grill even if you already have a barbeque pit that you plan on using regularly to make delicious foods for your friends and family.
- Where Are Pit Boss Pellet Grills Made? All About Pit Boss Grill
- What are the Different Types of Range Hoods?
- Top 10 The Best Air Fryer Dehydrator Reviews in 2022
People tend to be lazy nowadays because of their continuously busy lifestyles. Growing up in an urban environment gives city dwellers less space both at home and at work compared to suburbanites who usually enjoy larger spaces where they live and work.
This is why it’s becoming more common to find small homes situated in crowded cities, as well as the growing trend of those who opt for modestly sized apartments that tend to be smaller than they really need.
The problem with these kinds of setups is that most people don’t like cooking indoors because they end up staying inside their narrow kitchen most of the day.
For some people, cooking inside is worse compared to braving extreme outdoor climate where you can at least grill your food even if it gets too hot or too cold outside.
Grilling gives you freedom since you can actually cook outside on a balcony or terrace. You simply cannot do this with stovetop cooking unless you have an outdoor stove which makes grilling more convenient because you can simply go outside to grill your foods.
If you want to be free from the indoor cooking environment, then grilling is good for you.
The best grill for apartment balconies is one that can fold up and be tucked away when not in use. These grills are typically made of aluminum or stainless steel, which makes them lightweight but durable enough to withstand the outdoor elements.
They also have a variety of cooking surfaces depending on your needs-charcoal, gas, electric, infrared -to meet any need you may have with regard to heat control. We recommend checking out our blog post “The Best Grill For Your Apartment Balcony” if you’re interested in learning more about this topic!
Price last updated on 2022-12-06