As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Top 9 best electric smokers under $300 in 2023
Spending $300 is not a lot of money if you will buy the best electric smoker. However, the number of brands claiming they are “the best electric smokers 2022” are increasing. To make it easier for you to choose a quality and reliable product, we have curated the ten best electric smokers under $300 this 2022.
We will discuss some useful tips on picking the best smokers under $300 and some frequently asked questions as well.
A quick summary about which electric smokers to buy
makes so many and that it can get confusing deciding which you should buy. To pick one, you have to consider factors such as your budget, cooking space, number of burners, and fuel choice.
All things put together, our choice of best electric smokers goes to the Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D 30” Digital Electric Smoker. In second place is the Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Electric Smoker. In 3rd place Dyna-Glo Analog Electric Smoker. In 4th place Royal Gourmet Electric Smoker. In 5th place Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker. in 6th place Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker. In 7th place Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker. In 8th place Masterbuilt Bluetooth Smart Digital Smoker. In 9th place Cuisinart 30” Electric Smoker
|Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30" Digital Electric Smoker||Prime||Check Price|
|Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D 30" Analog Electric Smoker||Prime||Check Price|
|Royal Gourmet SE2801 Electric Smoker with Adjustable Temperature Control, Black||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Char-Broil 17202004 Digital Electric Smoker, Deluxe, Silver||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker, 30", Black||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Smokehouse Products Big Chief Front Load Smoker , Silver , Large||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Cuisinart COS-330 Vertical Electric Smoker, Three Removable Smoking Shelves, 30", 548 sq. inches Cooking Space||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
What is the most reliable electric smoker under $300?
Our best choice when it comes to the best electric smokers under $300 is the Pit Boss Grills 2-Series Electric Smoker.
With two rear wheels and a stylish blue finish, the
It also has a double-walled construction and adjustable air damper. Check out more features below:
1. Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D 30” Digital Electric Smoker
Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D 30” Digital Electric Smoker offers a convenient cooking process for beginners and professionals. It features digital controls to simplify the smoker process as per your desired cook times and temperatures. Once your desired temperature is reached, the smoker automatically turns off.
- Massive cooking space: With a 732 square inches of cooking space
- Digital temperature control: Digitally controlled thermometer display that allows you to monitor the cooking time and temperature of the food with just a push of the button
- 800-watt burner: Powered by an 800-watt heating element to maintain accurate temperature across its large cooking space
- Insulated door: Comes with a double-wall firebox and insulated door to prevent heat and smoke from coming out while cooking
- Removable tray: Allows you to remove grease and liquids for easier cleaning conveniently
- Adjustable steel cooking grates: Comes with four chrome-plated cooking grates
- Two rear wheels: Two wheels in the back makes the smoker easy to relocate
- Side wood chips loading door: Side wood cheap loader so you can add wood chips without opening the smoker door
Continue reading for the complete list below
Advantages of using an electric smoker
Using an electric smoker is safer and cheaper than a gas or charcoal smoker if you are a beginner. Here are a few advantages of using an electric smoker:
- Easy to use: Electric smokers are simple to operate, making them great for beginners
- Simple temperature control: Using an electric smoker allows you to do only a little monitoring since it holds temperatures quite well throughout cooking
- Cold or hot smoking: You can use your electric smoker at low or high temperatures. This makes it an excellent choice for cold-smoking bacon or cooking delicate items such as cheese or fish.
READ ALSO: An enthusiast’s ultimate guide to griddles
How do electric smokers work?
Best electric smokers under $300 2022
You won’t have any major problem finding the best electric smokers under $300. Listed below in no particular order are some of the high-performing smokers that you can get for under $300:
2. Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Electric Smoker
The key feature that makes Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Electric Smoker unique is its ability to create smoke automatically. All you have to do is use the digital controller to set the time, temperature, and smoke levels then you can now leave it to do its work.
Ample cooking space: 135 square inches cooking area with four racks allows you to smoke various meat at once
Digital control system: The smoker comes with a digital controller and built-in hopper to automatically release wooden briquettes into the burning area during specific points
Insulated steel interior: The steel interior ensures good heat retention, making the smoker suitable to cook on during hot or cold days
Easy to clean: Due to the steel interior, the smoker is easy to clean and will not rust
Uses wood briquettes for fuel: The briquettes you can use with this smoker can burn for about 20 minutes and comes in various flavors such as apple, hickory, and more
3. Dyna-Glo Analog Electric Smoker
Dyna-Glo Analog Electric Smoker allows you to maximize the smokiness of your meat without using charcoal or propane. It has a decent cooking space and a powerful burner that allows your food to reach up to 300°F. Designed for a simple and convenient cooking process, this smoker will help you serve up tasty smoked food in no time.
- Decent cooking space: With 505 square inches of cooking space, enough smoke can be trapped inside the smoker to get that smoky flavor you desire
- Manual temperature control: Control the temperature manually for a more accurate heating
- 1,650-watt burner: Powered by a 1,650-watt heating element, which allows the smoker to reach up to 300°F
- Adjustable steel cooking grates: Comes with three chrome-plated cooking grates that are large enough to slide in or out easily
- Two rear wheels: Two wheels in the back makes the smoker easy to relocate
- Side wood chips loading door: The loading doors are placed on the side so you can add more wood chips without having to open the smoker door
4. Royal Gourmet Electric Smoker
Forget about propane or charcoal since you can cook the best-smoked barbecue using Royal Gourmet Electric Smoker. This electric smoker has a 1,500-watt burner to guarantee strong heating power. Check out more features below:
- Large cooking space: 457.86 square inches of cooking space that allows you to cook pies, ribs, and even a whole turkey in it
- Built-in electric thermometer: Ensures precise and adjustable temperature to deliver a hassle-free cooking experience
- Adjustable steel cooking grates: Comes with three chrome-plated cooking grates that can be easily adjusted to fit in food of various sizes
- Multi-functional: Allows you to smoke, steam, dry, grill, and more
- Great seal performance: The latch system is on the cool-touch spring door that prevents you from scalding
- Grease management system: Has an independent grease cup that collects the excess oil in a replaceable aluminum oil pan located under the smoker
5. Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker
The Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker can cook your food with minimal attention in just a fraction of the cooking time consumed by other smokers. With an easy-to-read LED display and removable temperature gauge, this smoker is perfect for those who want a modern appliance. If you want to get tender and flavorful meat without the hassle, check out the features of this smoker below:
- Massive cooking space: With 725 square inches of cooking space, which is larger than most smokers
- Double-insulation and locking latch: Prevents heat, smoke, and flavor from escaping the smoker
- Easy-to-read LED display: Comes with an advanced control panel that comes with a detailed manual showing how to utilize the user-friendly controls and display
- Removable temperature gauge: Ensure your food is well-cooked every time by monitoring the inside temperature of the meat using the removable temperature gauge
- Glassdoor design: This allows you to peek inside the smoker without opening the door and letting the flavor and smoke escape
- 750-watt burner: Allows the smoker to reach between 100°F to 275°F, perfect for a cold smoke
6. Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker
Masterbuilt is an industry leader in bringing innovative ideas and quality materials into its products. Thus, whether you are a beginner or a pro, the Masterbuild Digital Electric Smoker will provide ease of cooking without the hassle of propane or charcoal.
It has a massive cooking space as well as a convenient wood chip loading system and digital control panel. It is also easy to clean, thanks to the chrome-coated smoke racks.
- Massive cooking space: With 978 square inches of cooking space
- Side wood chips loading system: Lets you add wood chips without opening the main smoker door
- Chrome-coated smoke racks: Comes with four chrome-plated racks that provide enough space to cook various sizes of meat simultaneously
- Large viewing window: Eliminates the need for opening the smoker while cooking
- Digital control panel: This allows you to turn the smoker on and off easily, set a timer, or change the temperature
- With wheels and handle: To make moving a breeze
7. Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker
The Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker is designed to smoke fish. But it is also great to smoke other items such as cheese, sausages, and beef jerky. This smoker is easy to use since all you have to do is to load the food item, plug the smoker, and close
- Large cooking space: With a 576 square inches of cooking space that is large enough to fit 50 pounds of meat or other food items
- Single temperature setting: With a single temperature set at 165°F, the consistent temperature will ensure that the food will not be overcooked
- Premium smoke ventilation system: The smoke ventilation allows proper smoke circulation to guarantee maximum flavor
- Chrome-plated grates: Ensures strength and durability
8. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
Prepare the best BBQ with a modern touch. Forget about using charcoal and steam to add the barbeque effect to your food, and get Char-Boil Analog Electric Smoker instead. With 544 inches2 cooking space, the smoker has enough area to store 3 plates at once.
The wood chip box and an insulated cooking chamber will provide your food with the perfect smoking temperature to reach the crisp level. It also has an integrated water pan which helps provide moisture to the meat.
There is a temperature gauge mounted on the door, which helps in keeping an eye on the temperature. The Analog smoker comes with a variety of features, making it a must have for in-house BBQ parties.
9. Cuisinart 30” Electric Smoker
The Cuisinart 30” Electric Smoker is great for beginners due to its easy-to-use features and minor assembly requirements. You simply have to place the meat inside the smoker, set the temperature, and let the appliance do its job. Check out more features below:
- Large cooking space: With a 548 square inches of cooking space
- Bluetooth technology: This allows you to monitor the smoking process by connecting the smoker through an app on your smartphone
- Easy-to-read thermometer: The thermometer is placed on the front door, so you can easily read the temperature with just a glance
- 1,500-watt burner: Powered by a 1,200-watt heating element with a max temperature of up to 400°F
- Removable trays: The grates, wood chip tray, and water pan are all removable, allowing for quick and easy clean-up
- Stainless steel cooking grates: Comes with three chrome-plated cooking racks that are dishwasher safe
- Two rear wheels: Two wheels in the back makes the smoker easy to relocate
- Side wood chip tray: Allows quick and easy refueling without opening the main door
- Warranty: Comes with a 3-year warranty
What should I look for when buying an electric smoker under $300?
You can always find electric smokers under $300. But before securing a purchase, make sure you keep the following features in mind:
Capacity and size
Always ensure that you know how big or small your smoker will be because this will indicate how much food you can cook with it at once. Consider what food you are going to cook often. Do you like cooking whole turkeys or large pork cutlets?
Then opt for smokers suitable for cooking large portions of meat like a whole chicken or turkey like the Masterbuild Digital Electric Smoker. Otherwise, get the smaller ones such as the Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker if you aim to cook small items like fish fillets.
Most electric smokers have electrical cords that control how hot the appliance can get while holding the heat steadily. Some temperature gauges can only indicate “high” or “low,” while some have controls that you need to calibrate manually for more specific settings. There are also electric smokers that come with meat probes like the
Quality and design
You must also consider the quality and design of the product if you are looking for the best electric smoker under $300. Figure out the efficiency of the smoker, which should range from 75 to 100 BTUs per square inch of heating surface.
You will also find smokers that come with analog or digital temperature control that lets you adjust and monitor the temperature, smoke, and heat level of the food manually or automatically.
One of the best ways to check the smoker’s quality is by checking the brand’s reputation. Please pay attention to the brand’s reputation regarding customer service. Warranty is also an important thing to inquire about.
Typically, more extended warranties may guarantee longer-lasting products made with quality materials. Read our brand comparisons so you can have a better idea of which brand manufactures better products.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best smoker for the best price?
You can get a reliable and quality smoker as long as you buy from trusted and established brands such as Masterbuilt, Char-broil, Bradley Smoker, and Pit Boss. But if you are looking for the best smokers under $300, there’s no harm in trying out the Pit Boss Grills Electric Smoker and the rest of the smokers listed above.
Should I buy an analog or digital electric smoker under $300?
If you are still a beginner in using smokers, an analog electric smoker is much easier to learn how to use. You can easily adjust the temperature via the control knob. Moreover, you can read the current temperature by simply glancing at the temperature gauge.
On the other hand, a digital electric smoker will suit you if you want to get a more modern appliance. However, this electric smoker is more suitable for experienced users since they have more complex and specific controls. Nevertheless, it is best to select from the best electric smokers under $300 listed above.
Can I use an electric smoker indoors?
Electric smokers are a fire hazard and can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Thus, it is better to use them outdoors to avoid strong smells lingering inside your house. If you want to use an electric smoker in your kitchen, try searching for those made specifically for indoor use.
How often should I clean my electric smoker?
Clean the racks and grease pans of your electric smoker after each use. Cleaning an electric smoker is not as daunting as doing it with a charcoal smoker. Thus, you can do a more thorough cleaning after using your electric smoker about five times.
An electric smoker requires minimal assembly, allowing you to get with the rest of your day while the meat smokes. If you are planning to smoke meat but worries about the cost and effort of constantly tending to a smoker, then you better get one of the best electric smokers under $300 listed above. Don’t forget to keep the features you need to consider in mind to ensure that you are buying the right smoker for you.