Top 10 The Best Air Fryer For One Person Reviews, Tips and Guides
If you’re looking for the best air fryer for one person, this is it. It’s small yet powerful and can cook anything from chicken to chips in a matter of minutes. You can even reheat ribs with an air fryer. I’ll tell you all about the features that make it so great!
Not everyone loves to cook for themselves or has the time, so when it comes to air fryers there are a few important factors you should consider before buying one.
Not all air fryers are created equal and in this post, we’ll review some of the best small-sized air fryers that will be perfect for cooking up your favorite foods without any hassle. We’ll also discuss what you need to know before making a purchase decision!
What is a small air fryer?
A small air fryer is a cooking appliance that works by circulating hot air around the food in order to cook it. Air fryers can also be referred to as mini deep fryers since they’re able to produce fried-like results using very little oil, which makes them an excellent alternative for diet goers who can’t give up their favorite deep-fried dishes.
No products found.
Why buy a single person air fryer
The small or single-person air fryer is a great appliance to have in your kitchen for many reasons. The design of them makes it easy to cook food fast and with little oil or fat, plus the end result is like fried food but without all the extra calories and chemicals.
From french fries and onion rings to breaded chicken and shrimp, you can make all kinds of foods quickly and easily right at home.
It also helps that they are very inexpensive appliances as well, especially if you need to do cooking for one person like myself. It’s quick, simple, and cuts out having to put dirty pans into an oven which can sometimes be really messy too.
I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons why you would want one too, so here are some of the best air fryers for one person to choose from on Amazon today.
READ ALSO: How To Grill Brats? 5 Simple Steps
The Best Air Fryers For One Person Reviews in 2021
Here are top-rated small air fryers to buy
Top 1. GoWISE USA Electric Mini Air Fryer, 1.7-Qt Up To 2 Qt Max
Designed to be tiny and sleek in appearance, GoWISE USA’s little air fryer is the ideal gadget to have in your first apartment, a smaller kitchen, campers, or college dorm life.
The digital air fryer has five built-in presets – Reheat, Keep Warm, Toast, Frozen Food, Air Fry – that allow you to enjoy your snack or dinner more quickly with the push of a button.
With an extended cooking period of up to 60 minutes and a temperature range ranging from 180°F up to 400°F, the cooking options are virtually limitless. The air fryer provides you with greater control over the cooking process since it allows you to regulate the temperature in 5-degree increments.
In addition, it is also simple to clean, and in addition, the nonstick coating on the detachable pan and the crisper tray is free of PFOAs. In the little air fryer, the nonstick basket cooking space is 4 x 6.5 inches, which allows you to cook between 1.7 and 2 quarts of food.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to adjust temperature and time
- Five preset functions
- Nonstick basket without PFOA
- Including digital system
- Need to improve build quality
- Compared to larger air fryers, GoWISE USA’s mini air fryer are designed to be compact with a modern look making it the perfect appliance to have for a smaller kitchen, college dorm life, campers, or...
- Searching for a gift. This air fryer is the perfect gift under the tree for everyone. Get this multifunctional air fryer for the college students, moms on the go, dads who love to cook, grandparents...
- Designed to save time and space, the GoWISE Mini digital air fryer have 5 built-in presets – Air Fry, Frozen Food, Toast, Reheat and Keep Warm, so you can enjoy your snack or meal quicker with the...
Top 2. Philips Airfryer HD9641/96, Avance Turbo Star, Digital
When it comes to tiny fryers, there is no better choice than this Philips Airfryer, Avance Turbo Star, if you want the most capacity and most excellent quality possible. It has been years since Philips has improved the quality of its fryers and made this unit the best air fryer for one person.
The manual controls are straightforward to see and operate. The temperature range is 80-400 degrees Fahrenheit, and there is a 30-minute timer. Because of the TurboStar heating technology warms up rapidly and evenly, so you will not mind shaking your food as much to get even crisping.
With its sleek black and silver design, this unit will look ideally at home in any kitchen, and it is simple to clean. Due to the weight of this fryer, which weighs 15 pounds, it may be more challenging to store.
Both the basket and the inner pan are nonstick and can be washed in the dishwasher. These are premium units for individuals who don’t mind spending a little extra money to have the Phillips brand behind their purchase. There are also a plethora of fantastic accessories available for this fryer!
- Dishwasher safe
- Nonstick basket
- Auto turn-off function
- Turbo star – notable technology
- Removable handle
- Using less75% oil to cook
- Five preset cooking functions
- Unique TurboStar Technology for healthier cooking and frying.
- The air fryer cooks fried food 50% more evenly
- 5 presets for most popular dishes including a keep warm function.
Top 3. CHEFMAN Small, Compact Air Fryer Healthy Cooking, 2 Qt, Nonstick
With its Chefman TurboFry 2 Quart Air Fryer – the best air fryer for 1 person – it gives its customers an extraordinary culinary experience. It assists them in mastering the art of cooking through the use of highly creative and handy goods!
The oil used by this air fryer is 98 percent less than traditional frying methods, allowing you to cook nutritious meals.
It is pretty adaptable, and it includes a manual temperature control option that allows you to change the temperature and time to your liking. Additionally, it is equipped with an automated timer that turns off the device after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Compared to other air fryers, this one has a flat basket design, which permits you to cook a larger quantity of food without adding any additional weight or bulkiness.
The tray and basket are detachable and extremely simple to clean. So, in addition to enjoying nutritious eating, you will also be able to enjoy dining that is free of mess and clean!
- Automatic timer
- Detachable tray
- Easier to clean
- A bit uncomfortable plastic smell
- HEALTHY FRYING: Achieve perfect fried results with little or even no oil! Temperature range from 200°F - 400°F allows you to cook at your desired temperature, achieving a healthy, crispy, fried...
- SPACE SAVING COMPACT SIZE: The personal size air fryer saves space on your counter and in your cabinet; perfect for any small kitchen, dorm, office, RV trips, and more!
- VERSATILITY: Manual temperature control & 60-minute integrated timer lets you air-fry everything from frozen veggies, chicken & even reheat yesterday's dessert! The detachable BPA-Free basket, cool...
Top 4. Dash Air Fryer 2.6 Quart, Oven Cooker with Temperature Control
With a 2,6 qt capacity, portions are perfect for singles or couples looking to cook their favorite foods without creating too much of a mess. You may enjoy crispy fried dishes without feeling guilty when you use the Dash mini air fryer.
Air crisp technology and a high-speed air circulation system help it cook your food in a short amount of time while decreasing the calories from the excess oil used in the process.
Using this little device instead of standard frying techniques, you’ll save up to 80 percent on oil use! Moreover, the 30-minute timer is set to switch off automatically, so there is no danger of your dishes being overcooked.
Because of the clean nonstick surface, there is no additional mess to clean up after you have finished cooking beautiful meals for yourself or your guests.
You can regulate how hot the stove gets by altering the temperature dial, which means you’ll never have to worry about burning anything again. The auto shut-off feature also eliminates the possibility of overcooking your food due to overheating.
- Best performance.
- 2.6 qt nonstick basket
- Dishwasher safe
- Simple to adjust knob
- Including automatic shut-off feature
- No additional accessories
- The tray is prone to rust.
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: Dash Tasti-Crisp Air Fryer uses AirCrisp Technology instead of oil to reduce added fat by 70-80% without sacrificing the flavor of your fried food.
- QUICK plus EASY: Short on time. Simply load the 2.6-qt capacity fryer basket set the temp and timer, and within minutes your food comes out crispy, every time. Cord length: 31.5 inches.
- SAFER: The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking and the cool touch handle makes it easy to use.
Top 5. Elite Gourmet EAF-0201 Personal 2.1 Qt. Compact
The Elite Gourmet EAF-0201 boasting a 2.1-quart capacity is the best air fryer for single person available in the tiny air fryer market.
The air fryer uses 360° fast, hot air frying technology in conjunction with a powerful convection fan to cook food quickly and evenly, creating and regulating hot air circulation in a brief period and throughout an extensive temperature range of 180°F up to 395°F.
An air fryer may minimize oil use by 80 percent to 90 percent compared to a deep fryer, but it still provides you with the same nutritious, crispy fries meal flavor. Therefore, the product is a fantastic investment for individuals who are health concerned and attempting to avoid using oil in their cooking.
The air fryer is equipped with two knobs, one for adjusting the temperature and another for timing. You will not be provided with any features such as a digital interface or an LCD.
The air fryer’s 30-minute timer and a wide variety of frying temperatures provide you with a great deal of flexibility when it comes to cooking activities. It combines the functions of frying, baking, grilling, and roasting in a single appliance.
To prevent overcooking, the air fryer is equipped with an automatic shut-off option.
Because the air fryer basket is PFOA-free, it assures that foods are devoid of hazardous chemicals such as cadmium, Teflon, BPA, and other harmful elements.
Just use a moist towel to clean both the inside and outside of the vehicle and enable it to be put in the dishwasher. So you won’t have to worry about cleaning up after a delicious supper.
- Versatility cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- Ideal size for one person
- PFOA free
- Compact design
- Cool-touch handle
- Circular hot air technology
- Peeled problem after the 6-month usage
- COMPACT SIZE: The PFOA/PTFE free non-stick pan and rack hold 2. 1Qt or up to 1. 5lb of food Perfect for personal use or when cooking for a few. Cook faster and more safely than in oil, eliminating...
- HEALTHY EATING by cooking with 85% less oil for fat-free delicious meals. Same flavor and crispy finish without the added calories. Simply add food to the drawer pan, add a tbsp of oil if desired, set...
- ADJUSTABLE TIME/TEMP gives you the ultimate in cooking control and versatility allowing you to fry, bake, grill and roast all in one. A high-power convection fan envelopes food in temperatures from...
Top 6. Secura Air Fryer 3.4Qt XL Air Fryers, Electric Oven, Non stick Cooker
Thanks to the use of hot air and rapid air circulation, this Secura Air Fryer – Electric Oven, Nonstick Cooker creates a range of excellent foods in a straightforward, fast, and healthy manner. Also featured is a top grill, which allows you to experiment with different cooking techniques.
Despite its small size, the basket is large enough to hold snacks and meals, and the 60-minute timer will automatically turn off after the cooking task is done. From 180°F up to 400°F, you may regulate the temperature. For this air fryer, the company provides a 2-year limited guarantee.
With an extensive 3,2 liter basket, you can have a space to prepare snacks for the entire small family or a significant entre for two people. Using the “Hot Air Cooking” method, you may prepare healthy meals using less fat and oil.
This air fryer is an excellent choice for adaptability, healthful cuisine, and a dependable air fryer.
- Good Controls
- Overall performance
- Build quality
- Good temperature control
- Excellent warranty from the manufacturer
- Small but powerful
- Not coming with a recipe book
- Easy to burn the food if not rotating
Top 7. Dash Compact Air Fryer Oven Cooker 2 Quart
This Dash Compact Air Fryer Oven Cooker 2 Quart has the most modern features and is the best air fryer for one person on the marketplace today.
When you employ the air crisp technique, you may enjoy freshly crisped chicken wings without using any oil or with the use of only a tiny amount of oil. The flavor, on the other hand, will be pretty similar to that of deep-fried meals.
There are two knobs on the air fryer that allow you to alter the temperature and time settings. It features a retro-style appearance. you can set the temperature anywhere from 170°F to 400°F for a 30-minutes option. There is adequate temperature variation to meet any cooking recipe. Additionally, the auto-shutoff feature helps to prevent overcooking.
It is fitted with a cool-touch handle, promoting safety while allowing for more comfortable air fryer use. Even your youngsters will be able to operate this air fryer because of its small size.
In addition to the air fryer, you’ll receive a crisper basket and a recipe booklet. Furthermore, there are no BPA elements in any components, which is critical for food safety. The removable basket may be cleaned in the dishwasher if necessary.
- Easy to use
- Cool-touch handle
- BPA free
- Sleek design and Compact
- Easy to clean
- 5 color options
- Trays are likely to rust.
- Not come with a digital feature
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: Dash Compact Air Fryer uses AirCrisp technology (instead of oil) to help reduce added fat by 70-80%, without sacrificing the flavor of your fried food (No more residual smell...
- QUICK plus EASY: Short on time. Simply load the 2 qt capacity fryer basket, set the temp, and set the timer. Your food comes out crispy, guaranteed, EVERY TIME. And in less time than it takes to...
- SAFER: The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the cool touch housing and handle makes it easy to use.
Top 8. BELLA Air Fryer 2.6 QT, Deep Frying.
BELLA 2.6-quart air fryer is one of the best options for a small family. If you are a single person, the BELLA Electric Hot Air Fryer 2.6 QT is one of the better solutions available.
In terms of power, it has a wattage of 1500W, which is comparable to the capacity of a 4-quart air fryer. A higher wattage indicates that it can cook more quickly and produce a better outcome.
It is equipped with an automatic shut-off feature. As a result, it will prevent the food from being overheated on its own. It will result in an 85 percent reduction in fat compared to the standard deep-frying approach. You will consume around 65 percent fewer calories as a result of this.
This domestic gadget will offer the most frequent cooking methods, such as baking, grilling, and roasting, which has a temperature range of 175°F up to 400°F.
You can view the manual control panel as a negative aspect: However, you have the option of setting the timer for up to 60 minutes, which gives you an advantage over its competition. The cooking basket offers all desirable characteristics, including the ability to be removed and cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Able to adjust temperature and timer
- Easy to clean
- Sleek and unique design
- Circular Heat feature
- Automatic shut off function
- Not found
Top 9. GoWISE USA 2.75-Quart, 50 Cooking Recipes
If you are researching the best air fryer for one person, GoWISE USA 2.75-Quart, our ninth pick will be your perfect choice.
The 2.75-quart basket takes up a very minimal amount of counter space on your kitchen island.
The PFOA-free air basket has been treated with a nonstick coating to stop food clinging to the basket surface. The air fryer cooks food using fast air technology, which swiftly warms up and crisps the exterior of the meal while keeping the moisture inside the food.
This air fryer can roast, grill, bake, and fry while using no oil or little. The temperature, time, and power buttons are located on the control interface, which is readily configurable. As a result, you may quickly change the temperature and time to meet the recipe’s requirements.
To avoid overcooking, the manufacturer designed the auto shut-off feature that automatically stops after 30 minutes of the timer being completed and switches to the standby mode.
One more fantastic point, all parts of this device are also dishwasher safe, and the equipment comes with a one-year guarantee and lifelong customer service. The 50 recipes cookbook will help you have no trouble enjoying your favorite food.
- Including recipe book
- Easy to control the button
- Good value
- Rapid air technology
- Cooking food in a short time
- A bit plastic smell for some first uses
- Healthier cooking in 30 min Or Less: thanks to rapid air technology, you can now experience your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer can fry, bake, grill and roast with little to...
- Easy to use controls: set the time and temperature using button controls. Set the temperature to 175F - 400F and cook from 1 – 30 minutes. 30-Minute timer will automatically switch to standby mode...
- PFOA-free: comes with a non-stick and PFOA-free air fry pan and basket with a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment.
Top 10. Avalon Bay Air Fryer, AB-Airfryer100B 3.7 Quart Capacity
With a high cooking capacity, Avalon Bay Air Fryer 3.7 Quart, AB-Airfryer100B is an excellent choice for single people.
The temperature range between 180°F and 400°F is enough to cook all types of air fryer recipes, such as air fryer broccoli, apple chips, doughnuts, French fries, and so on.
This inexpensive air fryer also operates on the principle of fast air circulation technology, which simulates the deep-frying process while using little or no oil. The basket is removable and made of BPA-free materials. All air fryers for single people do not have this capability, which is not a standard feature. As a result, it might be an excellent alternative for those who are concerned about their health.
The disadvantages of this widely used air fryer are not containing a digital display and the timer having a 30-minute time restriction. If overlooking these considerations, we believe it is the most outstanding choice for a single individual who prefers a larger frying basket while maintaining the same overall dimensions.
- Included helpful accessories
- Large capacity
- Use less oil
- Rapid Air Circulation Technology
- Maintaining good taste
- No digital display
- [Versatile Air Fryer for All Your Cooking Needs] The Avalon Bay 3.7 Quart Standard-Sized Manual Air Fryer is the perfect size to prepare delicious snacks, side dishes and more. Big enough to make a...
- [One of Our Best-Selling Air Fryers] The Avalon Bay 3.7 Quart Standard-Sized Manual Air Fryer is a best seller. Simple controls, reliable functioning and smart safety features make this a favorite...
- [Simple Controls for Fast Start Up] The intuitive control panel has just two simple dials for time and temperature, so there's no learning curve before cooking. Just choose the amount of heat and the...
Factors to Choosing the Best Air Fryer for one Person
The air fryer is a new appliance that has been introduced to the American consumers. The product has been marketed as a quick and simple way to prepare delicious meals, including some of your favorite fried dishes, such as French fries and chicken nuggets. These small appliances are based on the same technology as convection ovens, but they require little or no oil to achieve crispy results.
Typically these machines will come with several features that allow you to cook multiple foods at one time. They can accommodate different shapes and sizes of food so you can use them for more than just frying.
However, before you rush out and purchase one of these fryers it’s important to first take a look at what’s available and determine which machine best meets your cooking requirements.
The first thing to consider when buying an air fryer is the size of the machine. These appliances come in a variety of sizes, and they can range from very small (1 quart) to quite large (5 quarts).
While the smaller devices may be perfect for one or two people, most households will require a model that can hold at least three quarts. If you cook for a larger crowd than this on a regular basis you may want to consider purchasing multiple machines so everyone can enjoy fried foods without waiting their turn.
While most air fryers are portable, there are some models that will only fit on your countertop due to their dimensions and weight. Before you buy an air fryer you should measure your counter space and make sure the machine will fit where you want to keep it.
It’s also important to consider how heavy the fryer is. Lighter appliances are easier to move around while cooking, but you will need some additional storage space if that is an issue in your kitchen.
Another thing to think about when buying best air fryer for one person is whether or not it comes with recipe guides included. Some of these appliances come with books filled with recipes for many different types of food you can prepare using this new technology.
If a cookbook isn’t included be sure to check out online resources for a wide range of free recipes that have been developed specifically for use in these machines. Additionally, most fryers have a temperature adjustment knob so you can experiment with various heat levels until you find one that works well for your tastes.
While an air fryer is designed to be safe, there are still some safety features that may not be included with every appliance available on the market. Before buying an individual machine consider its safety rating and look for any certifications it might have indicating its quality level.
Some of these appliances come equipped with automatic shutoff functions or keep-warm technologies that will preserve your food even if it isn’t immediately served. They also should come with cool touch handles, but this isn’t always the case, so make sure to check before purchasing.
Another factor to consider when shopping for a small air fryer is the heat it is capable of generating. These appliances will come with a description that indicates the maximum temperature they can reach, and some models can exceed 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Whenever you fry food at very high temperatures there is a risk of burning yourself, so make sure to find out if your machine comes equipped with an automatic shutoff function for this reason.
The last thing you should consider when you buy an air fryer is whether or not it’s easy to clean.
Most manufacturers claim their appliances are quick and simple to clean thoroughly after every use, but before buying one of these machines take a look at online reviews from actual users who have first-hand experience with this aspect of the fryers performance.
If possible try to test out the appliance in a local store so you can see exactly how easy it is to clean the fryer before buying.
Pros of Buying a Single Person Air Fryer
There are many benefits to owning an air fryer. They allow you to set your own time, temperature and cooking method so that you can enjoy the best tasting food possible without feeling guilty about what you just consumed.
However, there are other things that need to be taken into consideration before buying one of these units for yourself or as a gift for someone else.
- It is thought that people who eat fried foods on a regular basis may increase their risk for certain diseases such as cardiovascular disease, Type II diabetes and even some types of cancer depending on how often they eat it. An air fryer allows you to enjoy eating foods like French fries without completely ruining your diet .
- People who live in small homes where space is limited may also want to consider purchasing an air fryer because it helps them efficiently use the space they have available.
- When you are cooking for yourself or very few people, an air fryer provides better value than other cooking methods like a microwave oven, toaster oven or stovetop because it uses less energy and reduces the amount of time needed for food preparation.
- Air fryers can be used to prepare many different types of meals including meat, vegetables, rice dishes and even desserts like French fries and fried chicken tenders. These units work by circulating superheated air that is heated up to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit . This hot air moves around your food so that all surfaces come into contact with it creating the crunchy texture you would expect from foods that are traditionally fried.
- Air fryers are extremely easy to clean because the cooking surface is nonstick. This type of unit also has a lid and basket that can be removed for easier cleaning and quicker food preparation.
FAQs about buying an air frying machine for one person
What size air fryer do I need in Litres?
Air fryers offer a healthier alternative to deep-frying because they use hot air instead. Air frying produces crispy, golden browned food with few calories and no saturated fat!
The only drawback is that you need more than one person in your household who likes fried foods since an average family size of 2 or 3 people cannot consume all the tasty treats at once.
What size air fryer do you need for a family of four?
For a family of four people, the best air fryers are those that come in sizes between 5.0 and 5.8 quarts – this is because they’re most popular among consumers who want their own personal sized machine!
It’s important to note there might not always be an exact match for what you need so how big or small your household actually grows can dictate which model will work best with everyone (and don’t forget about snacks).
Is air fryer food healthy?
Air frying is a healthier alternative than deep-frying and has less fat. The cooking process also reduces calories by up to 80% when compared with oil usage, making it perfect for your diet!
We hope you enjoyed reading this article on the best air fryer for one person. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
For more information on eating healthy and cooking without oil, be sure to check out our blog at brooklyngrill.com regularly for all of your recipes and tips with quick clean up time or long-term health benefits in mind!
Price last updated on 2022-12-06