Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make BBQ sauce recipe? Look no further than this sweet honey BBQ sauce. It’s perfect for barbecuing chicken, pork, or beef, and it’s also great as a dipping sauce. Plus, it’s made with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. So give this recipe a try the next time you’re feeling like cooking up some barbecue!
What is honey barbecue sauce?
Honey barbecue sauce is a type of BBQ sauce that contains honey as one of its main ingredients. It’s sweet and sticky, with a slightly smoky flavor, and it’s perfect for slathering on ribs or chicken.
Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy some delicious BBQ recipes. This sweet honey BBQ sauce is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s easy to make and only takes a few minutes! So fire up the grill and get cooking!
Can I just add honey to BBQ sauce?
No, you cannot just add honey to BBQ sauce since it will make the sauce too sweet. To avoid this, use a combination of different sugar sources like brown sugar, molasses, or honey. You can also cut back on the amount of sugar called for in the recipe.
Can I make my own BBQ sauce?
Yes, you can make your own BBQ sauce at home with just a few simple ingredients. All you need is ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and spices. Can store-bought BBQ sauces be used as marinades?
Yes, most store-bought BBQ sauces can be used as marinades. However, it is best to check the label beforehand.
Sweet homemade honey BBQ sauce ingredients
The ingredients for your homemade honey BBQ sauce recipe include the following:
Yield: 16 servings
- Ketchup: x1 cup
- Honey: 1/2 cup
- Liquid smoke flavoring: 1 teaspoon
- Molasses: 1/4 cup
- White vinegar: 1/4 cup
- Apple cider vinegar: 1/2 cup
- Cayenne pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Smoked paprika: 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
How do you make a simple homemade honey BBQ sauce?
Get your ketchup, vinegar, molasses, and honey in a saucepan and stir it all together over medium heat until you get a smooth mixture.
When the mixture is smooth, then add salt, black pepper, chili powder, paprika, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to it.
Continue stirring the mixture and then lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes. When the sauce gets as thick as you desire, turn off the heat and leave it to cool.
Your homemade BBQ sauce is now ready to serve!
What food goes with sweet honey BBQ sauce
Appetizers, ribs, and chicken drumsticks come to mind as the foods that go with honey BBQ sauce.
You can use your sweet homemade honey barbecue sauce on so many foods, but to me, the best foods that go with this sauce include the following:
- Appetizers: Try serving this sauce as a dipping sauce for chicken wings or nuggets. It would also be great with pork or vegetable spring rolls.
- Ribs: This is the perfect sweet and sticky BBQ sauce for ribs! Apply it to your favorite pork or beef ribs recipe.
- Chicken drumsticks: Chicken drumsticks are another great option for this honey BBQ sauce. You can either use it as a marinade before cooking or as a dipping sauce on the side.
- Tacos: Incorporating your sweet homemade honey barbecue sauce into tacos, tostadas, and nachos pleasantly change the tastes to the one you would want to eat over and over, non-stop.
- Salads: Instead of going with the stable salads with boring dressings, why not add some of your honey BBQ sauce to the salad and see how it tastes? (spoiler: it tastes divine).
- Baked goods: This might sound like an odd one, but trust us – it works! Use the sauce as a glaze on top of baked goods such as bread, biscuits, and even donuts! The sweetness of the honey will perfectly balance out the savory flavors in the barbecue sauce.
So there you have it, some of the best foods that go with honey BBQ sauce! Now that you know what to serve with this delicious sauce, go ahead and give it a try! I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we do.
Are BBQ sauces gluten-free?
Most BBQ sauces are not gluten-free, but some brands produce gluten-free BBQ sauces. Mostly, coloring and thickening agents, soy sauce, and beer contain gluten, and these are usually added to BBQ sauces.
Which honey should you add to BBQ sauce?
There are many types of honey, and each one has a different flavor. The type of honey you add to your BBQ sauce will depend on the flavor you want to achieve.
For a smokey flavor, add dark honey, such as buckwheat honey. For a sweeter taste, add lighter honey, such as clover honey. If you want a spicy kick, add hot pepper. Taste the sauce as you go along and add more honey until you achieve the desired flavor.
What does honey BBQ taste like?
Honey BBQ is sweet but not too sweet. Note that sweet is different from sugary in this case. Honey BBQ sauce has a bit of spiciness to it also. The combination of these flavors is amazing. There are different types of honey bbq sauce. Some have more smoky flavors while others have a more intense sweetness.
The best way to find out what kind of honey BBQ sauce you like is to experiment with different types and brands. Try a few and see which one you like the best. You may be surprised at how much the flavor varies from one brand to another. Honey BBQ sauce is a great way to add flavor to your food without adding sugar. It’s also a healthy alternative to other sauces that are high in sugar and calories. So, if you’re looking for a healthier option, give honey BBQ sauce a try!